UAC Village Development
United Action for Children has planned a village development programme in Etoko, Besongabang. Nchemba 1, Tinto. Eyang, Etemetek from June’2019. Under the village development programme United Action for Children has identified these villages and will be initiating developmental activities to transform the villages into model villages
Objectives: Model village project has the following important objectives:
· Prevent distress migration from rural to urban areas, which is a common phenomenon in Cameroon’s villages due to lack of opportunities and facilities in rural areas. People need and always strive for a decent standard of living for their families. Once they are guaranteed of such a living, no one would ever migrate to the glamourous urban cities for living.
· Make the model village a “hub” that could attract resources for the development of other villages in its vicinity.
· Provide easier, faster and cheaper access to markets for agricultural produce or other marketable commodities produced in such villages.
· Contribute towards social empowerment by engaging all sections of the community in the task of village development.
· Create and sustain a culture of cooperative living for inclusive and rapid development.
UAC has chosen thematic areas for intervention. These themes are as below.
Sustainability – Community Participation – Technology – Connectivity
VDP Programme’s latest Updates:
On the occasion of International Environment week, UAC through its One-Child-One-Tree project carried out tree planting drive in the Mamfe region.