The work of international volunteers has been fundamental to United Action for Children’s (UAC’s) success. Previous volunteers have come from Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Ghana, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States and we only hope that the list will continue to grow! Volunteers provide a constant flow of new energy and innovative ideas, and help the organization to move forward and achieve its mission. Volunteers participate in every aspect of UAC’s operations, so if there is anything on this website that interests you, be confident that there is a role you could potentially play in UAC Cameroon. If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding overseas volunteering experience, please read our sections on Volunteering.
Some of the highlights and benefits of working as a volunteer for UAC include:
- Working with an open and flexible organization that allows you to rise to your full potential;
- Using your skills to assist others in a practical way;
- Discovering a new culture and country;
- Meeting amazing people and developing lasting friendships;
- Gaining practical development experience;
- Having access to important resources (internet, vehicles) that facilitate your projects;
- Achieving personal growth;
- Enjoying world-class scenery and beautiful nearby beaches.